To improve is to change, To be perfect is to change often -Churchill
Organisations may have defined and clearly understood Key Performance Indicators for all members of staff. Yet appraisals are often perceived as an HR tick box exercise, managers see no value in them, staff feel threatened, they can often be perceived as unfair, inaccurate and demotivating and often lead to micro-management – stifling performance.
The process of Managing performance is actively supported by managers and staff when they have regular feedback sessions that complement the normal day-to-day working relationships, including: self-assessment, open discussion and an agreed evaluation of what is expected and what is delivered.
- To set clear, realistic goals and targets and agree expected levels of achievement for all members of staff
- To identify personal achievement, training and development needs for all staff and create a plan of action
- To improve staff performance by encouraging the exchange of views, self-evaluation, the acknowledgement of success and the identification of areas that require change
- To foster good communication and understanding between the staff and managers
- To identify and develop potential for progression, encouraging staff to achieve their full potential and to develop their careers with the support of the organisation
For more information on our In-House Managing Performance workshops please Contact Us
- 01342 837660